If you are looking for a way to make use of your days old sliced bread at home, take a gander and learn How to Make Biscocho The Easy Way as tried and tested by me!
I will always remember how I tried my first biscocho snack which was shared with me by my late beloved Lola (grandmother) in the kitchen. I always remembered it to be the tastiest bischocho among all the biscochos I have ever eaten. Now grown up and fat, there has been so many variations of this simple treat, ranging from just using sugar to condensed milk, but nevertheless, I never knew how easy this was to make!
You will need the following ingredients and appliance:
6 pcs. of sliced bread (preferably days old because it has more crunch to it)
½ cup melted butter (margarine will also do)
3 tablespoons of sugar
1. Slice the bread into halves. You may also cut away the sides to have clean rectangles or squares (depending on your chosen shape).
2. Bake the bread for 5 mins. at 175 C, preheated (for the first toast).
3. Then COAT BOTH SIDES with butter using a brush.
DO NOT SOAK YOUR BREAD SLICES IN BUTTER because this will make it soggy. The butter coating will melt through the cracks anyway.
4. Coat both sides with sugar.
5. Put in the oven for 5 minutes, preheated (for a pretty golden brown shade). The 10 mins. according to the video I saw on youtube gives a dark golden brown color on one side, which cooks it even more after flipping in step 6.
I like using our rotisserie oven since it uses Celsius instead of Fahrenheit.
6. Take it out of the oven, flip the bread slices, and bake for another 5 minutes.
7. Let it rest for about 5 minutes or until cooled, then serve with refreshments.
I hope you liked this easy version of how to make biscocho at home to make snacks more sweet! Let me know if you have a flavored version of this treat in the comments below. Ooh, and step 8 is: enjoy! 🙂