We recently had our passports renewed at SM Seaside Cebu City, and it was such a smooth transaction for us that we wanted to share the passport renewal process with you so you can hopefully go through the same easy passport renewal appointment just like we did.
We processed our old passports for the Adult Renewal non-ePassport (Brown, Green, Machine Readable (Maroon) Passports or any older Passports) process, basically the machine-readable one. Feel free to click on the links.
Given that you are just going for a regular passport renewal, meaning not expired, not lost or undamaged, the requirements are pretty standard. All the greater if you have them at hand already.
Renewal of ePassports Core Requirements List
1. Confirmed online appointment. (click here).
- Go to https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment and choose the type of appointment – individual or group appointment.
- Provide the needed information correctly.
- After filling in the information boxes and choosing the type of renewal (regular renewal is Php950 and express renewal is Php1,200), it will lead you to the payment page to secure your online appointment reservation. Check out the fees here: Philippine passport renewal fees.
- Individual confirmation emails for the payment process will be sent to the email/s you have provided for each person (I recommend just one email for all, only because it would be easy to monitor it that way, but individual emails are also good so each person can keep track of it).
- Click on View My Payment Instruction to get more information. It will look like this:
Payments are done in Cash via Bayad Center Branches and Authorized Partners (Robinsons Malls & Supermarkets, LBC, eBiz, Perahub, USSC, Truemoney, Villarica, etc.), or through 7-11 and ECPay outlets. You may also pay via the Bayad Center App available in both iOS and Android devices.
2. Accomplished Application Form
- After successfully paying, you will then receive your payment confirmation email, as well as the computerized Application Form. Download and print all the pages, even the Applicant Copy of the eReceipt. No need to print the application form provided in the link. The downloadable is good.
- Before your appointment date, remember to prepare these documents. #1 is necessary. The screener will not keep the items in #2, but it would be handy to have them if they need to check further.
- Current ePassport with photocopy of data page
- Original PSA authenticated documents that will support the change of name.
- Marriage Contract
- Annotated Birth Certificate
- Annotated Marriage Contract to show annulment/divorce/court ordered instruction
- Death Certificate of Spouse
3. Personal Appearance
- Please read the reminders that are on the downloaded and printed documents such as:
Please wear clothing that will cover your shoulders. Avoid wearing strapless, spaghetti-strapped, or tank
tops; halters; backless; see-through or cut-out tops; and deep necklines. Please do not wear shorts,
shorts skirts. Please wear shoes. Remember, you are entering a government office. Please dress
You want to look good in your passport photo, but please do not put on heavy or theatrical make-up.
This may result with you having to remove your make-up during the photo.
- By the way, we had the same requirements for our son (or for minors).
- The table for the validation of the payment will check on the eReceipts and will ask how you would like to receive your passport, whether for home delivery or LBC Center pick-up. The pick-up process is what they prefer to have accurate delivery dates and avoidance of having it returned to LBC for when it cannot be received at home.
Be at SM Seaside at least 15 minutes before your appointment so you don’t have to be in a hurry. Don’t worry, everything is in order since walk-ins are technically not entertained because they do not have all the requirements.
We wish you an easy passport renewal appointment!